Our webinar, Social Media for Schools and Summer Camps, was a big hit. We’re so grateful to those that attended and excited to offer a video of the whole presentation here. You can click here to see the slides.
The video will take a little while to load.
Resource List – some things you can use to inspire yourself in Social Media
- Crush It – Gary Vaynerchuk (Keep an eye on Gary. He’s very excitable, and a bit curse-y, but he tries out everything for his company at WineLibrary.tv and tells his readers what works. His book has a great social media starter checklist on page 104.)
- Lynchpin – Seth Godin (Making a difference in your organization. Not specifically about social media but relevant.)
- Grown Up Digital -Don Tapscott (I love Don’s idea for a new style of resume for a digital native – young adults and kids who have never known a world without the internet). Don’s interview in Dialogue Magazine.
- The Revolution Will Not Be Televised – Joe Trippi (Managed Howard Dean’s presidential campaign. This book was the first to open me up to all of the possibilities with this stuff)
- Small Giants – Bo Burlingham (small companies doing cool things and staying small)
- Made to Stick – Chip & Dan Heath (simple models for presenting information to that people will remember it and want to spread it. WAAAAY more interesting than it sounds – think: urban legends)
- CampNation – for professional summer camp staff
- Dialogue for Educators – discussions about educational issues in Canada
- Six Pixels of Separation - new media marketing
- Accidental Creative – “Be prolific, brilliant & creative”
Someone asked if I knew how many people were on Twitter in British Columbia, Canada. Using Twellow I was able to get the following figures (keep in mind that this is people who post to Twitter, the number of people who read Twitter will be a bit higher and the number is growing everyday):
- Canadian Twitterers – 193 145
- BC Twitterers – 41 398
- Ontario Twitterers – 95 993
- US Twitterers – 2 310 000
- New York Twitterers – 199 014 (Hi Dan!)
Add these to your Google Reader to keep up on trends in social media.
- Seth Godin – if you read one of these blogs… make it this one. (Super Bonus: Seth was a staff member at Camp Arowhon in Algonquin Park!)
- Mari Smith – Facebook Pages specialist
- Social Media Examiner
- Hubspot on Facebook Fans becoming customers
- Hubspot: How to Create a Business Page on Facebook
- Wall Street Journal: Updates Spell Trouble in Small Workplace
- Blue Sky Factory: Ultimate Guide to Email (re e-newsletters)
- Visible Gains: Best Practices for Video Conversion (eBook)
- SEOMoz: Creating an online video strategy
- Small Business Survival: Simplify your small business marketing plan
- David Meerman Scott: The New Rules of PR, The New Rules of Viral Marketing (free PDFs)
- Pitch Engine: online press release distribution
What resources do you use to keep yourself current?